Project Corrections / Time Spent: I spent an hour and a half redoing my Flier and improving the layout. Then I spent a half hour editing my Brochure so that my logo wasn’t blurry. The corrections I made are the following: I went back in Illustrator and made my logo for my Brochure again so that it wasn’t blurry. I changed my entire Flier because it was not following many of the guidelines listed. I made these changes so that my project was more clear to the audience and so that it had a unique flair so that my audience will remember my work.
Message: This portfolio showcases my work in a professional manner so that I can get high end jobs. I want to showcase my best work, unique creative style, my professional personality, and my organizational skills.
Audience: Potential client and employers.
Top Thing Learned: Through the process of putting my portfolio together of all my work, I have learned many important skills. I have learned to work with different programs, become more patient in the process of not getting the project perfect the first time, redoing projects multiple times to make the layout or design the way I imagine it to be, and an overall understanding for time and preparation gone into everything. When time is schedule and projects are planned out in advance the overall work is more organized.
Future application of Visual Media: I am looking for opportunities to use my skills so that I can improve my understanding and experience with different programs. I will find different jobs so that I can get experience and continue strengthening my abilities. I plan to be able to use these skills in planning parties for friends, weddings, or even using these skills when I want to make fun projects for my family with images or words
Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic, blue
Title Font Name & Category: Microsoft-San-Serif
Copy Font Name & Category: MinionPro – Oldstyle
Thumbnails of Images used:
- Description: This brochure publicizes the work of the business called Un-Spark. It is the sponsor of an Instagram page that is called #WEAREALLUNCOOL. It helps people express themselves without the fear of what social media will say. This brochure helps in the process of allow people to be there true
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): For this project, in making this brochure I used three different programs; In-design, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Within those programs I used many different tools in the making the final draft. I used the lasso tool to edit an image, I used the colors to at color, I changed the gray-scale to the all of the picture except on so that they were all true black and white, and I used the text tool. When I was using Illustrator, I also used different tools in making my logo like moving the individual points to create the spark at my “K”.
- Message: My message is to pin point those that are involved in social media but are shy or embarrassed about sharing who they truly.
- Audience: The audience that I am trying to focus on is those that need suppose in expressing who they are. The audience for this brochure is focused on those in social media and anyone that wants to be part of an important movement.
- Top Thing Learned: Through this project I was able to learn how to manipulate the different tool in Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. I was able to use the ruler tool a lot and by using those I was able to learn how to align everything how I wanted it to. I learned that quality time equals organization and a well designed layout. I also learned that a little detail and go a long way or just looking and focusing on detail and fixing the little mistakes does matter.
- Color scheme and color names: Black and White with Gold
- Title Font Name & Category: Arial San-Serif
- Copy Font Name & Category: Malayalan Sangam MN San-Serif
- Word Count of copy: 254 words
- Thumbnails of Images used:
Business Card (8.5 X 11 layout):
Business Card (Large Layout):
Description: These business cards are for Tea Cup Cafe. They help publicize a small Ma and Pa corner store.
Process: I used the idea of a little tea cup business to make these stationery card. I made a tea cup by using different shapes and taking different tools to change the shape. Then I added some other shapes to make the steam. I also used the capacities tool to change the dark-lightness of images and the texture of the stripes.
Message: My main message is to help those that want tea time. There are little treats for anytime of the day to satisfy cravings.
Audience: Those that want a break from there day to take a seat and relax. Tea Cup Cafe is for all ages and for anyone at anytime.
Top Thing Learned: I was able to learn the different between sizing work space. I also learned a lot about manipulating different shapes to make them objects. It was difficult at first to make the tea cup but I was able to do it with time and being patient. I had to play around and figure out how to use different tools.
Color Scheme and Color Names: Analagous color scheme and I used – Teal and Blue.
Title Font Name and Category: Noteworthy and San Serif
Copy Font Name and Category: Myanmar Sangam MN and San
Description: This photo design is for all that are in need of a little brightening.
Process: Photoshop, margins, ruler, shadows, fade, healing brush, text, shape tool, sharpen, saturation, granite, and ect.
Message: It is to shine a little light on those that on sad.
Audience: All people finding happiness, going through a hard time, love children, or want to try and have a new beginning with a smile.
Top Thing Learned: Through this project I made many mistake, including saving it as a “flattened image” and then trying to work on the project later to improve it. I had to start over on this project 3 consecutive times. I was able to learn how to manipulate Photoshop quicker and I was able to remember how to work the program. It was a great learning experience on how to learn something for a little time but really learn and understand how to use the program. This annoying happening helped me learn the importance of being able to apply different principles over and fixing what I didn’t like.
Color scheme and color names: Split Complementary. Red – Orange -Teal.
Title Font Name & Category: Arial Regular – San
Porter Park – May 15, 2015